Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving

My family has been through a lot this past year. We have moved to Indiana and are renting a small cottage from my parents. My husband got a promotion and had to work out of the Indianapolis office. We currently have our beautiful Victorian home in Petersburg IL for sale. Our two boys had to change schools. I had to leave my job as an EMT that I love. We all miss our town, community, friends and most of all our church family. We were all settling in and starting to go on with life as usual when my daughter came for a visit while her husband was deployed out to sea. My daughter was 22 weeks pregnant and being high risk she did not want to stay home alone. Thank God she came because on Aug 11 she went into labor and at 24 weeks pregnant she gave birth to our grandson Kaiden. Kaiden weighed 1 pond 6oz. Our precious baby lived 9 days. Kaiden touched so many hearts in his short time with us. We loved him so much and miss him every day. Our family has been forever changed and has made us stronger with help from our comforting, loving God. This time of year it can be hard to be thankful for so many people. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, our two grown children and son in law, our two younger boys that we adopted just over a year ago, my grandson Kaiden, grand daughter Kali, my parents, family, friends, a nice warm home, the ability to have loved ones over for Thanksgiving dinner. Most of all I am thankful for my God. I have to remind myself of others that have so little and we have so much. So we go on and I am decorating for Thanksgiving and Christmas as usual, because I have to. I decorated our little rental cottage and I decorated Kaidens grave. I am truly blessed and thankful.


I have no mantel at the rental cottage so my husband put up a large shelf. I am thankful for the Indians that fed the pilgrims.


This painting was a gift many years ago from a friend. It reminds me of where I grew up surrounded by fields and wild turkeys. I think it is perfect for Thanksgiving decorating.


A closer look at whats on the "mantel" Homco Indian figurines and one of my vintage turkey planters.


Homco Pilgrims and a Queens Myott Thanksgiving charger plate.


A little shelf in the kitchen that holds my thrift store and flea market turkeys.


My small kitchen hutch holds my Queens Myott Thanksgiving dishes and Paprika Fiesta dishes.


My slowly growing collection of Shawnee Corn King finds a place on top of the microwave and on the counter. Myott Thanksgiving mugs to remind me to be thankful for my morning coffee.


In the corner hutch I have a couple vintage turkey planters, some pumpkin plates for serving pumpkin pie and my Queens Myott Thanksgiving tea pot and cups.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment