Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

St Patricks tablescape

The weather here in central IL. is cold and snowy. So I stayed in today and worked on setting the tables for St Patty's day. This one is the kitchen breakfast table.


I started off with a cute green plaid with shamrocks tablecloth. Next I found the shiny green place mats at Tuesday Mornings a couple weeks ago on clearance in the Christmas decorations. I used Bordallo Pinheiro Cabbage Chop plates. I think of Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patty's Day so that's where the Cabbage plates come in. Next is Longaberger classic green pottery plates topped off with Longaberger shamrock ramekins. I think the design on the plate edge looks like a shamrock, perfect for my table. The green napkins I found last week at Goodwill $2.00 for 8 brand new with tags. The juice glass and tumbler is fifth avenue crystal.


Next is the dining room buffet. I pulled out some of my vintage green Moon and Stars pieces. I used to be able to find these at thrift stores and rummage sales but these days it's rare.




I used another Bordallo Cabbage plate on a cake stand.


The dining table is set with Longaberger and Fifth Avenue crystal.


I used Longaberger shamrock place mats but I only have six and have lost several battles on EBay for the other two that I need. Remember the shiny green place mats from the breakfast table? I improvised and use one on each end of the table. Maybe I can get the elusive shamrock ones for next year.


Here is what the end place settings look like. I offset the solid green place mat with a Longaberger napkin. I then used more of the solid green Goodwill napkins on the rest of the place settings.

I had planned on setting Kali's table today as well but the table cloth that I ordered still has not made it so that will be another day.  Pop back tomorrow to see some things that I have found on my thrift store shopping trips.

                                                             Blessings,
                                                                           Missy


2 comments:

  1. I like your Longaberger ramekins! Perfect for St Patrick's day! There used to be a Longaberger plant right near me but they closed it several years ago. My favorite Longaberger that I purchased are two tiny little St. Patty's day baskets with the same print as your placemats and napkins! This puts me in the mood for some green beer! Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I love your blog and am now following.

    ReplyDelete