Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Luck of the Irish

I am so happy you stopped by today to see more St Patrick's Day decorations. I love to use thrifted and crafted items in my decor don't you? Did you notice the gold bricks on the mantel in yesterdays Mantel Monday? All you need is a solid brick and a can of shiny gold paint. The horseshoes I found at a Flea Market a while back. I had know idea what I would do with them at the time. While painting the bricks it hit me, I can spray those old rusty horseshoes and use them in my St Patrick's decorating. I also spray painted a bunch of small pebbles to look like gold nuggets and put them in little cast iron cauldrons that I used in my Halloween decorating. Instant pot of gold.  Here is my entry table with one of the gold horseshoes.


The planter is Lefton, I found it at a thrift store quite some time ago. The basket is Longaberger scored on ebay for $15.00 I also pull out the moon and stars green glass that I have collected over the years. I filled it with chocolate coins and left over chocolate lips from Valentines day (kiss me i'm Irish) The scarf is actually a Longaberger napkin in the classic green pattern. The horseshoes I paid $1.00 each.


I found this vintage Irish blessing on ebay last year and I just love it. The pipe is another ebay find and it is hand carved in Ireland, it has shamrocks on each side and a harp on the end.



Thank you for stopping by and come back tomorrow for more St Patrick decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment