Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

St Patrick's Day

St Patrick's day is near and dear to my heart. My grandfather was Irish. He passed away when I was 7 but I have very vivid memories of him. In honor of my grandfather I have done a little decorating.


On a little shelf in the kitchen a leprechaun left his shoes. I found a pair of vintage baby shoes at GW and painted them green and added gold laces. I plan to use the shoes for a leprechaun hunt for the kids. The figurine is one of a set of three Lefton leprechauns. This is the one I needed to complete the set. The others are still packed away and will make an appearance soon. The hankie with shamrocks was my grandmothers as well as the vintage post card. The moss covered rocks are a Dollar Tree find.


The kitchen cupboard holds my Shamrock, Lemon Grass and white Fiestaware. Lets open the doors and take a closer look.


On the top shelf in the middle is a vintage decanter from 1972 made by the Old Fitzgerald Collectors Gallery for Stitzel Weller distilleries. I found it at a local flea market for $2.00 I have to have any vintage Irish or Leprechaun things I come across if the price is right. The next shelf in the center is a Longaberger shamrock dish with a leprechaun blown glass ornament peeking out.


The bottom shelf has my Smith Moon and Stars pitcher and toothpick. I has several pieces of this vintage green glass. Please come back and visit for more St Patrick's decor and an exciting giveaway for St Patty's day.

                                                            Blessings, Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment