Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

St Patty's tablescapes

Today I wanted to share with you my grand daughters little table. The kids are getting excited for St Patrick's day. We are having our annual leprechaun hunt. The kids make traps and bait them with gold coins. They follow the clues left behind by the tricky little guy to find the pot of gold. Maybe this year they will catch him.


Kali's little table is ready for a St Patrick's day lunch. I used Fiestaware plates with Longaberger shamrock bowls. I found the little soda glasses at GW, they will be perfect for a shamrock shake. The little cauldrons were on clearance after Halloween. They make perfect little pots of gold. My mother gave me the Irish santa/leprechaun.


                            Kali loves to see what is new on her table. I love how special it makes her feel.

I did a little tablescaping for the adult table as well. I really changed gears this year. I wanted to honer the Irish flag. It seems that here in America we forget the orange when it comes to decorating. Orange is very prevalent in St Patrick's celebrations in Ireland.


I started with a charger and my Bordello cabbage chop plate. Cabbage and potatoes and corned beef is always on our St Patty's menu.


Next I used a white Fiestaware dinner plate and a tangerine Fiesta salad plate. The napkins are Longaberger shamrock pattern.


                                                 Easy, quick St Patrick's tablescape.

Thank you for sharing this very special holiday with me. Check out my giveaway and enter to win 4 Fiesta shamrock dinner plates.

                                                                 Blessings, Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment