Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Mantel Monday, St Patrick's

Whats on your mantel? Today I am sharing my St Patricks mantel. My mantel is really not a mantel at all. My husband installed a large shelf for me to use as a mantel. Our home in IL has a very beautiful mantel and I loved decorating it for the holidays and seasons. For now I will decorate my pretend mantel in our little rental cottage.  I am still looking for the right size mirror for above the mantel.


In the center is one of my favorite irish blessings. Propped on the frame is grandpas pipe and a very old horseshoe painted gold.


                                                 Did you notice the shamrocks on the pipe?


A little leprechaun lost his boots. I found these old baby boots a few years ago and thought they looked like leprechaun boots. I added shamrock ribbon for the laces. The little cast iron cauldron makes a cute little pot of gold. The gold nuggets are just small stones painted gold. Another old horseshoe in the background.


I love vintage Lefton figurines. Here are a set of hard to find Lefton Leprechauns. I painted an old brick gold for different levels of display. 

I have one more area to show you but it will have to wait for another day.

Blessings, Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment